A short hairstyle is a classic staple surviving trends through the years. Styles like the classic bob as well as in-trend short hairstyles always have something to offer to any face shape. Many women will agree that short hairstyles for women are more efficient since time and money spent on styling hair is lessened. Moreover, these hairstyles characterize the younger, fresher, and more confident woman.
Short hairstyles for women, however, can also be challenging if you have yet to try it. Especially for women who have grown out their hair for so many years, it can be difficult to let go and try something new. If you are leaning towards trying a short and sexy new do, here are two hairstyles you can try. First, though, you need to find the best makeup mirrors so you can style your hair like a pro even in the comfort of home.
The Soft Pixie
The overall finish is a gentle take on the fierce pixie cut seen all over these days. Depending on your skin color a ginger shade is recommended. If you are already sporting the pixie cut, below are the steps to achieving the look.
- Dampen hair before the styling. Use a light thermal protectant or a leave-on cream.
- Blow-dry the hair using an appropriately sized paddle brush for your hair. A technique is confusing your hair by blow drying in different directions throughout the sections. This results in a low volume look.
- Sweep your hair to one side; try both sides to see which is more flattering. Once you are satisfied, deconstruct gently using your fingertips. This makes the look more natural and soft.
- Finish the look with a lightweight hairspray.
This short hairstyle for women is ideal for round, oval and heart-shaped faces.
The Easy Updo
This is probably one of the frustrations of women who have short hair, the up do. Most women with short hair think that a truck load of bobby pins is needed to sport an up do. If you are craving for the bare neck effect here are some simple steps for the easy up do.
- Dampen dry hair using a leave-on treatment. This makes the hair easy to maneuver.
- Using a fine comb make a deep side parting. You need to divide the hair into three sections: left, right and back.
- Start with the right said, take your brush and brush out the section until tangle free. Gather this section into a loose ponytail using a rubber band then twist the entire length of the section down and around the base of the ponytail. This forms the knot, using some bobby pins, secure the knot.
- Now the left side, again brushing out all tangles then start twisting the length of the section upwards close to the scalp. The goal is to create a pin curl shape, tuck the ends and secure with bobby pins.
- It’s time for the back section. Same drill, brush the hair downwards until smooth and tangle free resting at the nape. Create a low side ponytail, once done take the length of the section and twist forming several knots. Secure the section with a rubber band.
- You can style by back combing the ends and fanning to get the desire volume. It is recommended to take some hair to frame the face.
- Complete the hair style by using some lightweight hair spray.
These short hairstyles for women are simple and easy to do especially for women who just started sporting short hairstyles.